Vegan peanut butter thumbprint cookies, strawberry jam and graham crackers. Only 7 ingredients, 30 minutes and 1 bowl needed.
- 1/2 cup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup Graham cracker crumbs, finely chopped (more about the topping)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-notes wprm-recipe-ingredients-notes-faded">(wrapped) li>< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style -type: disk;">1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 Batch Flax Egg (1 tbsp (7g) flaxseed flour + 2 ½ tbsp (37ml) water as per original recipe)
- 10 tablespoon Jam of your choice (I used strawberry) li> ul>
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;">1/4 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter (softened // or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) < /div>Prepare a flaxseed egg. Set aside.Fluffy the peanut butter and softened butter. Add the flaxseed egg and brown sugar and stir.Add Graham crumbs and stir to combine. Then gradually add the flour until you get a firm dough – it shouldn’t be crumbly. This should take about 1/2 cup (as written in the original recipe).Remove 1 tbsp packed with batter and carefully form/roll into balls. Wet your hands with olive or canola oil if they don’t get moldy easily. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.Gently flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass and press with your thumb or Finger in.Boil for 8 minutes and remove from the oven. The indentations should be puffed up, so press down a bit and return to the oven to brown a little more – 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook them or they will become too crispy.A few moments on the minute pans then leave to cool on racks. Once the cookies have cooled, heat your jam in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave until hot and pourable. Then spoon small amounts (~1 teaspoon) of your jam into the center of each cookie. Sprinkle with a few more graham cracker crumbs and serve immediately.Let cool completely before coating. To store, cover and store at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.