This fat-free vegan risotto is our main dish proposal for Valentine’s Day. It is an easy, rich and very nutritious recipe, it has it all! It is also very versatile and serves as a base to make any type of vegan risotto. Don’t be afraid to use any seasonal vegetables, herbs or spices you like, tempeh, tofu, anything!
This recipe has 3 steps: cook the rice, bake the mushrooms and prepare the sauce. At the end we mix everything and the result is spectacular. It may seem laborious, but it is very easy to prepare and much healthier than traditional risotto. Also, if you want you can add extra virgin olive oil, although it is not necessary because the recipe is very tasty.
- 1/2 taza de arroz integral (100 g)
- 8 champiñones
- 1 taza de coliflor (100 g)
- 1 taza de leche de avena sin endulzar (250 ml)
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 2 cucharaditas de ajo en polvo
- 2 cucharaditas de cebolla en polvo
- 6 cucharadas de levadura de cerveza o nutricional
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal marina
- Perejil al gusto para decorar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Cook the brown rice in water or vegetable stock following the instructions on the package.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 or 20 minutes or until golden brown. The time may vary depending on your oven.
- Cut the cauliflower and put it in a saucepan or frying pan together with the milk. Cook over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Put the cauliflower and milk into the blender along with the rest of the ingredients for the sauce (lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, yeast and salt) and whisk until well combined.
- Mix the sauce with the rice in a skillet and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with the mushrooms and some chopped fresh parsley on top.