There are many different ways to prepare vegan cheese, so I am experimenting and trying different options. At the moment I have to admit that the vegan cheese made from potatoes is my favorite but the good thing about this fat-free vegan macaroni and cheese recipe is that it is much lighter, since it does not have oil or nuts.
This time I used cauliflower to give the sauce more body and it is delicious. If you are on a diet, you have to try this cheese and if not, too! You can use it to make pizzas, as a dip to dip nachos or in any other way you can imagine.
- 240 g de pasta sin gluten (8.5 onzas)
- 2 y 1/2 tazas de coliflor (450 g)
- 1/2 taza de agua (125 ml)
- 2 cucharaditas de ajo en polvo
- 2 cucharaditas de cebolla en polvo
- 1/4 taza de levadura nutricional o levadura de cerveza (16 g)
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 2 cucharadas de salsa de soja
- 1/4 cucharadita de cúrcuma
- Cook pasta according to package instructions .
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower or cook cauliflower in plenty of boiling water until tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Put the cauliflower into a blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined. Add salt if it seems bland.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce in a pot or pan or directly on the plate.