- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine (e.g. Pure, Vitalite, Suma or Biona)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of watercress OR 2 packets of washed watercress – reserve a few sprigs for garnish
- 500ml strong vegan stock – use 2 greens Oxo or 2 tsp vegan stock powder such as calendula
- 2 tsp dried parsley OR 1 handful of fresh beans, roughly chopped
- 2 cans of white beans, e.g. B. Beans, kidney beans, cannellini
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- A dash of soy milk or soy cream – or other simple unsweetened plant-based milk such as coconut milk or rice
- Salt and lots black pepper milk
- In a medium saucepan, heat the margarine. When melted, add the oil. Gently sauté the onion in the fat until translucent (soft but not brown).
- Add the watercress and sauté a few more minutes.
- Broth, parsley, beans and nutmeg Add. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir until smooth. Taste and season – add more salt/pepper/nutmeg to taste. Add the soy milk or soy cream at this point.
- Add the watercress sprigs just before serving.
Share With Your Friends!!