There is an American recipe that I have wanted for a long time, it is called pulled pork sandwich and the vegan version is usually made with green jackfruit, which is not easy to get in Spain, so as soon as I arrived in Thailand I decided it was the time to prepare it.
- 1/2 taza de col (35 g)
- 1/2 taza de lombarda (35 g)
- 1 zanahoria mediana, pelada
Para el aliño:
- 1/2 aguacate
- 1 cucharada de sirope de arce o agave
- 1 cucharada de zumo de lima
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta
- Cut vegetables into strips and set aside.
- To make the dressing, put the avocado in a bowl and mash it with the help of a fork, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir until they are well integrated. If you want, you can also blend them in a blender or food processor for a finer texture.
- Combine the vegetables with the dressing in a bowl and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Ideally, you should have the salad freshly made, but if you want you can store the vegetables and the dressing separately in the fridge in airtight containers during 1 or 2 days.
- Use whatever sweetener you like and lemon juice or vinegar instead of lime juice.
- You can add other vegetables or even fruit like apple , which is usually a common ingredient in this type of salad.