I have always loved fried aubergines, although until a few years ago I had not tried them with honey. The result is spectacular!
The problem is that this typical Andalusian dish is not exactly healthy or light. They are eggplants coated with refined wheat flour and fried, that’s why I like this recipe so much. I have to admit that the original tastes better, but they are also very tasty.
- 1 berenjena
- Sal marina (opcional)
- 3/4 taza de harina de trigo sarraceno (120 g)
- Aceite de oliva virgen de extra
- Miel de caña
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Cut the eggplant into slices about 3 mm or 1/8 inch thick with a mandoline or knife.
- Put salted water in a bowl and add the aubergine slices. Coat them with the flour.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet (I always use parchment paper to prevent food from sticking, but it’s optional). Add sea salt to taste and a splash of oil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done. The time may vary depending on the thickness of the slices and your oven.
- Serve with cane syrup on top.