Good morning guys! I’m back this week with another improvised recipe. But before starting with the recipe, I wanted to write you here something that I have already communicated through RRSS and that excites me so much that I have been waiting for more than a year and a half to be able to tell you, so here it goes In October my first book! It’s too early to tell you too much, but I just want to tell you that I’ve been working hard on this project for a long, long time and I’m looking forward to getting it to you. I anticipate that it will not be a recipe book to use, that what we are doing is much bigger than that. Months and months of work writing, researching, informing myself and trying to find the best way to communicate with the aim of spreading a message of respect for animal rights through a vegan lifestyle even further. Very soon I will continue telling you more! Because I want you to be part of this project. But I don’t want to get involved anymore. Let’s go for the recipe :
Those who follow me on Instagram or Facebook you may have already seen that the other day I improvised these Eggplant Tempura pitas and realized that I had never uploaded a recipe with tempura to the blog It’s a crime!
For the eggplant tempura pitas
2 pita breads
1 small aubergine
Corn flour (or alternative)
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
Mix of salads (sprouts, lamb’s lettuce, arugula, episinaca…)
For the vegan parsley mayonnaise
1/2 small glass of sunflower oil
1/4 small glass of unsweetened soy milk
1 small piece of fresh parsley
Pinch of salt
Squeeze of lemon
Step by step
- Peel and cut the eggplant into cubes.
- Put plenty of cornmeal on a plate and coat the aubergine cubes until they are completely coated.
- Heat a long splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Pour the tempura over and spice it with plenty of onion powder and black pepper. Mix and keep over medium heat.
- Sauté until it begins to brown on all sides and add the chopped fresh parsley.
- Mix well and brown for a few more minutes.
- Remove the aubergine from the pan and pour it into a bowl.
- Chop the onion and the two garlic cloves and sauté them with another splash of olive oil.< /li>
- While browning the vegetables, on the other hand, cut the avocado into cubes and place it in the bowl, along with a few tablespoons of cooked corn.
- When the onion and garlic are already Poached, we also introduce them in the bowl and stir.
- We continue preparing the parsley mayonnaise without eggs. To do this, we mix all the ingredients and grind them with a hand blender. We can vary the texture to taste (add more milk for a smoother vegan mayonnaise or more oil to get a denser sauce).
- To finish, toast the pita bread in a pan on both sides. We remove it, open it at the top and introduce the sautéed, sauce and abundant salad mix. And that’s it!