EASY 10-ingredient vegan lasagna rolls made with a flavorful, high-protein tofu filling wrapped in roasted eggplant slices! Healthy, full of whole foods and so satisfying.
- 2 medium < span class ="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">eggplant (cut lengthwise into 12 1/4-inch slices* // OR 12 lasagna noodles, cooked)< /li>< /ul>
- 2 medium Lemon, juice span>
- 1 12 – Oz extra firm tofu block (10 minutes and squeeze out)< /span>
- 3 Soup Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped slightly thin)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano< / li>< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;">3-4 Soup h extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup a>vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;"> ~1/2 TL each salt + pepper span>< /li>
- Preheat the oven to 218°C (425°F). .
- Salt the eggplant slices on both sides and place in a colander in the sink for 15 minutes to remove excess water/bitterness to remove. (If using lasagna noodles, boil, drain and set aside.)
- Rinse the aubergine slices well salted and dry thoroughly in between clean absorbent towels. Place a baking sheet on top and place something heavy on top to absorb excess moisture.
- Lay out the slices on 1-2 baking sheets Spread in an even layer and bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside and reduce heat to 190°C.
- While the eggplant is cooking, add all the ingredients from the tofu filling to a food processor or Place in blender and pulse to combine, scraping sides as needed. You’re looking for a semi-pure blend with the basil pieces still intact. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper for flavor, nutritional yeast for cheese, and lemon juice for shine.
- Pour about 1/2-1/3 of the marinara sauce into an 8×8 baking pan (or similarly sized bowl), reserving the rest of the sauce for Garnish/Serve. Set aside.
- Drip generous amounts (about 3 tablespoons) of the ricotta filling onto each eggplant slice or lasagna -Noodle and roll up. Place seam-side down in a sauce-lined casserole dish. Continue until all the fillings and pasta or eggplant strips are used up. Pour more sauce into the center of the buns for more flavor (see photo).
- Bake for 15 to 23 minutes or until gravy bubbly and hot and the top of the buns are very lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with extra vegan Parmesan and fresh basil. Leftovers keep for a few days, but are best kept fresh.