How to make vegan polenta in 1 pot with 3 ingredients! Creamy, soothing, versatile and so delicious!
- 4 cups Water
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt span>
- 1 cup Corn polenta span> (sometimes also called grits)
- 2-3 EL< / span> vegan butter < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes-faded">(we like Earth Balance or Miyokos)
FOR SERVING optional
- Sautéed Vegetables (e.g. e.g. asparagus or wilted vegetables)< /li>< li class="wprm-recipe ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;">Roasted Garlic< /span>
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes span>
- Fresh basil or parsley
- Vegan Parmesan
- Vegan Butter
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- After cooking, add salt and stir to dissolve, then place over medium heat .
- While stirring, slowly and continuously pour in the polenta your water for about 1 minute. go slow This will ensure there are no lumps in your cooked polenta.
- Once all of the polenta is in the water, continue beating until it begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Then reduce the heat to low and cover. The polenta should be bubbling but not quite simmering. Set a timer for 30 minutes, making sure to whisk the polenta about every 5 minutes so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 30 minutes, test your polenta. It should be soft and porous, with no lumps or grains. If you would like your polenta to thicken up a bit, cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vegan butter one . Taste again and add more salt or butter if you want a heartier or saltier flavor. Have fun!
- < div class="wprm-recipe-instruction-text" style="margin-bottom: 5px" ;="">Polenta is a great base for roasted vegetables like asparagus or wilted leafy greens or with roasted garlic and small tomatoes. Optionally garnish with fresh basil or parsley, vegan parmesan and/or vegan butter.