Creamy and flavorful vegan mayo with aquafaba! 5 minutes, 6 ingredients and 1 bowl needed! A delicious and versatile vegetable spread perfect for sandwiches, sauces, dressings and more!
- 1/4 cup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">aquafaba (the liquid/brine in a can with cooked chickpeas)
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 TL Sea Salt
- 1 1 /2 TL Apple Vinegar
1-3 TL brown rice syrup* (or under stevia to taste, cane sugar, or OR maple syrup)
- 3/4-1 cup sunflower oil * < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes-faded">(neutral oil is important for flavor here // avocado worked well too and we heard canola too) li>
- Place the aquafaba in a large glass jar along with the ground mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, and brown rice syrup. Shuffle up with a hand blender for the best results (we have didn’t have much success with traditional blenders).
- Measure oil in a liquid measuring cup. Then slowly run in the oil for 1-2 minutes with the hand blender at the highest level. This supports the immersion process.
- Move the hand blender up and down to add a little incorporate air at the end. If it seems too runny, add more oil. The more oil you add, the creamier, thicker, and denser the texture becomes. You should not need more than the recommended amount.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed by adding more sweetener of your choice for sweetness (remember maple syrup makes it less thick and fluffy), vinegar for acidity, salt for salty flavor, or ground mustard for the mustard taste. I added a few more of each.
- Use immediately or place in a sealed container in the fridge until cool – about 4 hours. It gets even thicker in the fridge! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (sometimes longer). You’ll know it’s gone bad when mold has formed. Not compatible with the freezer. Perfect for sandwiches, Dressings, sauces and more!