7-ingredient baked sweet potatoes covered in a cinnamon panko topping that gives them a crispy outer crust. If you love sweet potato fries, you’ll love these toddlers!
< strong>FOR TODDLERS
- 2 big Sweet potatoes (brushed + washed // organic if possible)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon< /span>
- 2 Soup Sugar span> (I used organic cane sugar)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs* (gluten free for SG eaters)< /li >
- 1 soup vegan butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Soup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp span> Sea Salt< /span>
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TL Cornstarch
- Prick holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in a 400 degree F (204 C) oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until tender, OR in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes. Cool to touch.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the topping. Place all ingredients EXCEPT the butter in a food processor and process until incorporated. Drizzle with butter while mixing. Dip your finger in to give it a taste. If you like it saltier, add more salt. If you like it sweeter, add more sugar or cinnamon.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon and puree – you’re not looking for a puree, more like a coarse puree. If your sweet potatoes are already sweet enough, omit the sugar. If not, add it and mix.
- Place in fridge to cool and preheat oven to 190°C. < /div>Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of mashed sweet potatoes and shape into a “tot” shape – an oblong circle.Transfer to coat and stir gently with a spoon to coat. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive or canola oil for extra crispiness (optional).Boil 20 minutes, then gently turn. Cook for another 20 minutes and then serve immediately. If you want them firmer, just bake them for another 10-15 minutes. The longer you cook them, the crispier they will be!To freeze and bake later, form dumplings, roll into L-coat, then transfer to a baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen solid, place in a freezer safe bag or container to save for later. To bake, place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flip, then bake for a further 25-30 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.You really don’t need a dip for this, but ketchup or some kind of spicy aioli would be nice if you do.