This is a good option for the months in which the tomatoes that we find in the stores are not very good, being out of season. You can buy dried tomatoes in any store, or better yet, dry them yourself if you have any leftovers or if you feel like eating tomatoes in a different way.
- 200 gramos de tomates secos
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Pimienta negra en grano
- Guindilla cayena
- Put water in a saucepan to heat and just when it is going to break to boil we remove it. Add the dried tomatoes and leave them for about 20 minutes to hydrate.
- After that time, remove them , drain them and dry them with kitchen paper.
- In a glass jar (previously sterilized in boiling water) we add the ingredients to taste. We first add a layer of dried tomatoes, a tablespoon of oregano, a handful of black peppercorns and another of cayenne peppers, cover with oil and repeat the operation until we finish with all the dried tomatoes. If you add more pepper and chilli it will come out stronger, keep trying until you get the point and it is to your liking, we like it to have a lot of flavor, so we add a lot of it. You can also add other ingredients such as garlic, any other herb (basil, thyme, etc.) or whatever comes to mind. It is important that the ingredients are completely covered by the oil, otherwise mold could grow.
- Leave the pot at room temperature for at least a week, although the ideal is to wait two, so it will have more flavor.