Autumn is the perfect time to make all kinds of recipes using pumpkin. Before having the blog I had never considered making something sweet, but they come out very tasty and when using pumpkin it is not necessary to add so much sugar.
- 1/2 taza + 2 cucharadas de harina de avena (80 g)
- 1/2 taza + 2 cucharadas de harina de trigo sarraceno (75 g)
- 1/4 taza de panela o azúcar de coco o moreno (50 g)
- 1 cucharadita de pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cucharadita de bicarbonato
- 1/2 taza de leche de coco de lata (125 ml)
- 1/4 taza de puré de calabaza (65 g)
- 1 y 1/2 cucharaditas de vinagre de manzana
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Place the oatmeal, buckwheat flour, panela or sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda in a bowl and stir.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and vinegar and stir again until all ingredients are well combined.
- You can grease the donut pan with a little coconut oil so that the donuts don’t stick, although if it’s non-stick or non-stick it’s not necessary.
- Distribute the mixture between the holes in the mo lde. We got 6 donuts.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for at least 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Once cool, we decorate them with panela powdered with cinnamon. Simply mix a couple of tablespoons of panela or any other type of sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and spread the mixture on the donuts. We beat the panela with the cinnamon in a glass blender to have a finer texture, but it is optional.
- You can store the donuts in the fridge in a container airtight for 4 or 5 days.
- If you use oat flakes with a gluten content of less than 20 ppm or 20 mg/kg, it will be a recipe suitable for coeliacs as indicated by the CE regulation 41/2009. However, people with severe gluten sensitivity can experience symptoms below 20 ppm, so they should consider their tolerance level.
- Oatmeal can be purchased pre-made or made grinding oats in a blender.
- You can use any type of flour, although you will have to adjust the amount of milk.
- If you can’t find the pumpkin pie spice or don’t want make it at home, you can simply add a little cinnamon to taste.
- If you don’t like coconut don’t worry because the taste of milk is not noticeable. As it is a recipe without oil, the ideal is to use this type of milk because it has a higher fat content, although you can try using another type of vegetable milk (better if it has a higher fat content like the one in soy or the one from almonds).