Now that autumn begins, they want comforting and warm recipes, like this curry soup. It is very nutritious, easy to prepare and delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
I’ve been away from home for a few days and when I travel I don’t usually eat so healthy because I’m not always well prepared and I also have a hard time avoiding temptations. That’s why I bought a travel blender because having a smoothie for breakfast helps me eat well for the rest of the day and guarantees a good portion of raw fruits and vegetables. I ordered it last night and I can’t wait for it to arrive home, when I try it I’ll let you know how it went with it, I hope it’s good!
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1 lata de leche de coco (400 ml)
- 2 tazas de caldo de verduras (500 ml)
- 1 cucharada de sirope de arce
- 1/2 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
- 2 cucharaditas de curry en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de cúrcuma en polvo
- 1 taza de batata cortada en dados (265 g)
- Sal al gusto
- Toppings: tofu, lombarda, brócoli y pimiento rojo
- In a deep pan or pot pour the oil. When hot, add the garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and turn the heat up to high. When they start to boil, lower the heat to medium high and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook until the sweet potato is tender.
- When the soup is done, place it in a blender and blend until creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I have added raw vegetables (red cabbage, broccoli and red pepper) and tofu that I have prepared as in our recipe for Caesar salad, although if you don’t want to complicate your life you can simply skip it.