A delicious quinoa and vegetable salad with green curry tahini dressing! Just 10 ingredients, fresh, healthy and so filling!
- 1 cup
quinoa (well rinsed and drained)
- 1 Pinch Sea salt< / li>
- 1 TL Curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 Soup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">green curry paste< /a> (or store bought, although fresh is better)
- 2 Soup Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper each< /li>
- 1-2 < span cl ass="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">EL Olive oil (optional // if avoiding oil, under water) li>
- Water (too thin)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredients " style=" list-style-type: disc;">3 to penny pe Tahini
< li class="wprm-Recipe-Ingredient" style =" list -style-type: disk;">1 soup maple syrup
- 1 large pepper (diced)
- 3 whole radish < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes-faded">( thinly sliced)
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds ( optional)
- 4 stalks spring onion, thinly sliced< /span> ( optional)
- 2 soup Nuts or seeds of your choice (e.g. hemp seeds or roasted cashew nuts) (optional)
- Fresh chopped coriander (optional< /em>)
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and toast Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and being careful not to burn. Then add salt, curry powder and water and bring to the boil.
- After cooking, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, uncovered, and allow to cool – at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding curry paste, Tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper and oil (optional) and mix together with a whisk. Then add water to dilute until you have a pourable dressing.
- Flavour and season as needed. Adjust the spices as needed, add more maple syrup for sweetness, lemon for tartness, salt for salty flavor, or curry paste for intense curry flavor.
- Add all ingredients (usually chilled quinoa) to a mixing bowl and garnish with dressing. Then mix and serve. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with additional pomegranate, radish, spring onion, or cilantro (optional).
- Store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The dressing has a shelf life of 5 days.