Hello everybody! I come with what will probably be the last soup for a good season, when the heat is already starting! Still, these types of dishes feel great on rainy days like yesterday. This curry noodle soup is a fantasy, it has a leek, ginger and mushroom base, which together with the mushroom broth (resulting from hydrating the dehydrated mushrooms) >+ the coconut milk, you have a super creamy and aromatic result.
This time I used some whole wheat noodles, I highly recommend that you use this type of wheat noodle that comes «curly», instead of the typical rice one. I feel that this recipe is better. It is quite common for this type of noodles to contain eggs, so take a good look at the ingredients. I usually buy them in Asian food stores, which are also quite cheap.
200 gr Wheat noodles
A small piece of fresh ginger
1/2 bowl Shiitake dehydrated mushrooms
1/2 bowl Moixernons dehydrated mushrooms (if you can’t find them, add more shiitake)
2 large leeks
Tofu (firm or soft , as you wish)
Kome Miso (you can use other types of miso)
Can of coconut milk
Soy sauce or Tamari
Optional: Heura in Mediterranean snacks
Step by step
- We will start by soaking the dehydrated mushrooms in plenty of hot water.
- On the other hand, chop the two leeks into slices and put them into the pot.
- Peel a cube of fresh ginger and insert it into the pot as well.
- On the other hand, take about 100 gr of tofu and cut it into medium sized cubes. Reserve them.
- Now, remove the mushrooms from the water (remember not to throw the water away) and place them in the pot.
- Grease with a generous splash of olive oil and sauté over medium heat, until the vegetables are reduced and poached well.
- When the vegetables are already well poached, lightly bathe all the sautéed with soy sauce, and lower the heat to medium-low power.
- Sauté and stir until the vegetables absorb all the soy sauce.
- At this point add all the water from soaking the mushrooms and the can of coconut milk.
- Remove We mix well until the coconut milk is melted with the other ingredients.
- Now, we add 1/2 tbsp of curry (if you use a poor quality or little intense curry, you may need to add more) and 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Add the tofu cubes and stir again.
- Keep gently boiling for 8 minutes so that the flavors mix well.< /li>
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring plenty of water to a boil and cook the 200 gr of wheat noodles for 3 min. or the time indicated on the package, since it can vary depending on the type of noodle.
- On the other hand, if you are going to decorate with Mediterranean bites from Heura, sauté them in a pan with olive oil until golden and reserve.
- After 8 min. of boiling of the broth, turn off and add 1/2 tablespoon of kome miso or the miso paste that you are going to use.
- Stir to dissolve the paste well.
- And now, In a bowl, we pour a good amount of broth, a generous portion of noodles and three bites of Heura (in case you are going to put heura), as you will see in the photo below.
- ¡¡ Serve it hot and enjoy!