You are going to love these curry lentils , it is a simple recipe but with a lot of flavor. It is my favorite lentil recipe and I eat it almost every week. If you like Indian food, you have to try them, and if not too, because they are delicious!
We like to accompany the lentilswith rice, also this way we have a very satiating and more complete meal. It is an ideal recipe for losing weight because it fills you up a lot and leaves you satisfied, so we don’t feel like snacking and eating things we shouldn’t.
- 1 taza de lentejas (220 gramos)
- 1 taza de arroz basmati (200 gramos)
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 450 gramos de salsa de tomate
- 2/3 de taza deleche de coco (150 gramos)
- 1/2 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de cúrcuma
- 1 cucharadita de garam masala
- 2 cucharaditas de curry
- In a pot with boiling water add the lentils and let them cook over medium-high heat for 40 minutes (time may vary depending on the type of lentils you use).
- In a pan add one or two tablespoons of oil and when hot add the chopped garlic and onion, let them brown, add the tomato sauce, coconut milk and spices. Stir.
- After about 5 minutes, add the drained lentils, stir and leave at least 15 or 20 minutes over medium heat. The longer it cooks, the more flavor it will have.
- Pour the basmati rice into boiling water and cook over medium-high heat for 12 minutes or until desired.
- Serve the rice and place the curried lentils on top or mix the two directly.