Today I want to teach you how to prepare it and I will also explain why cashews have become one of the nuts that I use the most in the kitchen. You will see that this recipe is an ideal option to have as an appetizer at your lunches and dinners, or even for a snack or breakfast. It is a rolled cashew cheese with fresh herbs. Its intense green color is amazing, right?
- 170 gr. of raw cashew nuts
- 15 gr. of nutritional yeast
- 25 ml. of water
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- ½ lemon juice
- Fresh chives
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
- Before preparing the cheese, we soak the cashews for 4 hours.
- Mince the chives, basil and parsley well.
- Lay out plastic wrap on a clean, smooth surface and place the chopped fresh herbs on top, covering the entire film.
- Take the cashew cheese with your hands and give it a more or less roll shape. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, as we’ll finish shaping it with the help of the cling film.
- Place the cashew nut roll at one end of the cling film, on the herbs, and we rotate it, so that the fresh chopped herbs adhere to the roller.
- We repeat this last step several times, until it has adhered Add as much fresh chopped herbs to the roll as possible.
- Finally, wrap the cashew nut roll with plastic wrap. We close on the sides, turning the excess plastic wrap and pressing so that the roll is firm.
- Remove the plastic wrap and we will have our cashew cheese roll with fresh herbs ready to serve.
< li class="instruction" itemprop="recipeInstructions">Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor. Add the nutritional yeast, roasted garlic cloves, lemon juice and water. Blend all the ingredients until a smooth paste is left.