In any case, you can prepare them with the milk that you like the most, in this case we have used soy milk. The recipe also does not contain eggs so it is lighter and has less cholesterol. The crepes are very fluffy, soft and have a delicious vanilla flavor. If you don’t have vanilla extract on hand ( It is very easy to prepare and much cheaper than if you buy it ready-made!) You can use a piece of vanilla bean, vanilla sugar, vanilla essence (although if they are synthetic we prefer not to use them) or directly do not add anything, they are also Very rich.
Si el primer crepe os sale un poco (o bastante) feo, no os preocupéis, es normal, os lo coméis mientras hacéis el resto porque sabe igual y los siguientes os saldrán bien, además, es cuestión de pillarle el truco, ¡nadie nace sabiendo!
- 1 taza y media de leche de soja (375 mililitros)
- 3 cucharadas de azúcar moreno
- 1 taza y media de harina integral (200 gramos)
- 1 cucharadita de levadura química
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 cucharada de extracto de vainilla (opcional)
- We mix all the ingredients in a bowl until that they are perfectly integrated and until there are no lumps of flour. You can sieve it if you want, but it’s not necessary.
- Grease a frying pan (we use a 20 centimeter diameter one) spreading a little oil with a paper towel and put the fire to the maximum. When the pan is hot, lower the heat to medium, add three tablespoons of the batter and turn and move the pan until it completely covers the base.
- When the batter darkens because it begins to brown slightly we can turn it over. Ideally, loosen the crepe a little on one side with a wooden spoon and then pick it up with your fingers and turn it over, but if you don’t feel like scorching your fingers you can also use a wooden spatula. If you see that it’s not browned yet, let it brown a bit more on that side.
- Brown the crepe on the missing side. The first of each batch doesn’t have to be perfect shape-wise, which is a perfect excuse to eat it on the fly while you work on the rest.
- We repeat the whole process until there is no dough left.