Couscous with vegetables is one of the recipes I prepare the most. It is delicious and it is very easy and fast, so it is perfect for when I am not organized with food and I need something quick but healthy and tasty at the same time.
Although I always try to plan my weekly menu in advance, there are many times when I don’t have enough time. But thanks to the Vegan Menu Membership I can continue eating healthy and vegan with recipes as simple as this couscous and the menus planned by our nutritionist .
- 80 g de cuscus, yo usé cuscús integral
- 1 cucharada aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 pimiento verde de freír, troceado
- 1/2 pimiento rojo, troceado
- 1/2 cebolla, troceada
- 2 cucharaditas de cúrcuma
- 1 cucharadita de comino molido
- 1 cucharadita de canela molida
- 1/4 cucharadita sal
- 1/8 cucharadita pimienta negra molida
- Cook the couscous according to the instructions on the package . Reserve.
- Put the oil in a pan and when it is hot, add the vegetables (onion, red pepper and green pepper) and the spices. Cook over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 5-10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the couscous (I like crumble it with a fork to loosen it), stir and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with a vegetable protein source such as legumes (it is very tasty with chickpeas), textured soybeans, tofu, tempeh or seitan.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4-7 days.
- You can add whatever vegetables, spices, and herbs you want.
- If you can’t eat gluten, quinoa is a good substitute for couscous. li>
- You can also use vegan butter instead of extra virgin olive oil or any other type of oil (better if it’s not refined).
- If you want, add a little more oil before serving.
- Whole-grain couscous is also a good option for this recipe.