- 150g (2/3 cup) nut milk (hazelnut or almond work great here)
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 100 g (3.5 oz ) plain/dark chocolate chips. CHECK THE LABEL
- A handful of sweet popcorn
< li >1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- In a blender or food processor, combine the nut milk, banana, peanut butter, ice cream, cocoa powder, maple syrup and about 1/3 of the chocolate chips until smooth and creamy ( this may take up to a minute).
- Set aside about a full tablespoon of the leftover chocolate chips and pour the rest into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute until melted, stirring with a fork until smooth.
- Dip the rim of your glass in the melted chocolate, then drizzle over a teaspoon more chocolate around the rim to create the trademark freakshake dribbles around the outside.
- Pour in the milkshake, then pour in as much popcorn as gravity will allow, carefully sprinkle over the chocolate chips and then drizzle with more melted chocolate.