- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- 1 glass of Tofutti Plain Vegan Cream Cheese
- 7 oz (200 g
- 1 cup) vegan dark chocolate
- 5 oz (150 g
- 1.5 cups) d’Oreos
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
1) Start by crushing 150g Oreo biscuits. The easiest way to do this is to puree them in a food processor, but if you don’t have one you can also put them in a sandwich bag, cover with a cloth and mash with a rolling pin.
2) Melt 3 tablespoons of vegan margarine and add to the crushed cookies.
3) Press the cookie mixture into the pan until the bottom is evenly coated, then place in the fridge.
4) Take the can of chilled coconut milk out of the fridge, open it carefully and remove the coconut fat hard from above. Be careful not to touch the watery part as this will make it harder for the cheesecake to set. Add the pot with vegan cream cheese and the powdered sugar. Mix everything until smooth (1-2 minutes).
5) Melt 150g of chocolate, add to the coconut cream cheese mixture and mix.
6) Then when you have a smooth chocolate mixture If you have, take your Oreo cookie base out of the fridge. Add a dollop of the coconut and cream cheese mixture and smooth out.
7) Patience is required here; Let the cheesecake cool for 2 hours, although it works best if you let it sit overnight (I know I couldn’t do that the first time, so I wouldn’t blame you at all if you had 2 hours to cook counting on your stopwatch)!
8) Once cool, take the remaining 50g of chocolate, chop finely and use to coat the cheesecake to give your cheesecake texture and even more chocolaty To bestow goodness.