Good morning guys! Today I bring you the long-awaited chocolate-filled vegan buns from Instagram.< /strong> For those of you who missed it: yesterday I was on Instagram Stories preparing these fluffy buns step by step, in fact I decided to save the stories in the highlights of my account so you can see the step by step videos while you make the recipe.
Although it is quite elaborate, it is actually quite simple, especially if you are used to making homemade bread or dough. If you have never made a dough, don’t worry either: between the stories and the step-by-step photos below you can do it without problems. You have to get rid of that fear of making homemade dough!
For the ferment (the night before):
5 grams of fresh yeast
1/2 glass of vegetable milk
60 grams of force flour
For the vegan bun:
60 ml of vegetable milk
10 grams of fresh yeast
200 gr of strong flour + reserve
1/2 vanilla yogurt (approx. 60 ml)
1 drizzle of olive oil
1 tablespoon and 1/2 soup of Agave Syrup + reserve
1/2 vanilla pod
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 small lemon
1/2 bar of dark chocolate
Chocolate cream inside< br> 200 gr hazelnuts
1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
6 tablespoons of cocoa (I used a soluble one)
4 pitted dates
*We will need parchment paper and a fat syringe. You can find it in pharmacies for 20 cnt. of €.
Step by step
The night before: The Ferment
- We will start preparing the ferment the night before to ensure that our vegan scones are fluffy. So we are going to mix the 5 grams of fresh yeast and the 1/2 glass of non-dairy milk (preferably lukewarm or somewhat hot) in a bowl.
- Mix well with a fork until the yeast dissolves completely.
- Then, we sift the 60 grams of flour little by little while we mix.
- Mix the ferment well until you finish with the flour and get a smooth and dense texture. Cover the bowl with a cloth.
- We are going to prepare the flavored milk for the dough for the vegan chocolate bun. To do this we just have to put the 60 ml of non-dairy milk in a glass, and add a slice of lemon peel, a cinnamon stick and half an open vanilla pod.
- Cover the glass and leave it until The next morning.
A the next morning: preparing the chocolate filled vegan buns.
- After the 8 hours of rest, we are going to start preparing the dough for the filled buns.
- In In a large bowl, mix the 10 grams of fresh yeast with the flavored milk from the night before.
- Undo the yeast by stirring with a fork, just as we did the night before. Then, we add the half yogurt. Stir well.
- Weigh the 200 grams of flour and reserve in a bowl.
- Next, add the zest of half an orange and half a lemon, the juice of this half lemon , a splash of olive oil, 1 tablespoon and a half of Agave Syrup.
- Mix well.