- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 medium to chunks
- ½ tza almond butter or peanut butter
- ¾ tza vegetable milk
- 3 to 5 tbsp of coconut sugar or other sugar (depending on the sweetness of the bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Ingredients dry:
- 1½ cup of flour (I use 1 cup of unbleached white flour) and 1 cup of whole wheat wheat)
- 2 tbsp yeast
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground spices so mix of spices of choice (I use ¾ cinnamon cdta, nutmeg ¼ cdta, a pinch of ground cloves)
- ¼ salt cdta
- ¼ cup of oats
- ¼ cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp nuts or chips vegetarian chocolate to decorate
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with liners.
In a blender, add all wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Alternately, banana until smooth. Add remaining wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt to blender and blend to combine. Go adding the flour, if it is too thick add one or two tablespoons of vegetable milk. Alternatively, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt to the wet bowl and mix until just combined. Add the oatmeal and the chocolate. You can add a little more almond or peanut butter.
Pour the mixture into the lined mold. Top with nuts or chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 23 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean.