- 150 g. of dried chickpeas
- 150 g. of dried black beans (beans)
- 1 hot green pepper
- 5 cm. of peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 0 0 5 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of cayenne
- 450 g. of ripe tomatoes without skin or nuggets and finely chopped < / li>
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Soak the chickpeas and beans in cold water overnight. Drain, place in a deep saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and add the hot pepper and ginger. Cook for an hour or until the vegetables are tender. Drain (without throwing the liquid). Throw the pepper and ginger.
Heat the oil in a pan and brown the onion. Mix with coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne; beat for a few seconds.
Add the pulp of the tomatoes.
Add the dried chickpeas and about 425ml of the broth to the pan.
Heat until it breaks boil, taste, add salt and lemon juice to taste. Cook for about 30 minutes over low heat without covering. Taste again and adjust the salt if necessary.