As we have said on other occasions, we love salads and we eat them every day, but especially in summer is when we most want them.
The good thing about salads is that they are usually very easy to prepare and are often quick. Another advantage is that we can use them to eat necessary foods but that are not desirable due to the heat, as is the case of legumes. I can’t imagine eating a stew or stew with chickpeas at 40 degrees in the middle of August, on the other hand, this chickpea salad is very refreshing and feels great when it’s hot.
- 200 gramos de garbanzos
- 30 gramos de lombarda
- 20 gramos de almendras
- 1 cucharada de cilantro
- 1 nectarina
- 1 manzana
- 1/2 zanahoria
- 50 mililitros de leche de soja
- If you want to cook the chickpeas yourself, you have leave them to soak between 8 and 12 hours in plenty of water. Unlike other legumes, chickpeas should be put in the pot when the water is boiling, let it cook for 2 hours, and add the salt at the end. Drain, let cool and reserve the cooking water.
- If you prefer to use canned chickpeas, it is better to rinse them with water to remove the broth that the preserve brings and drain them.< /li>
- To assemble the salad, simply put the chickpeas, the red cabbage cut into strips, the chopped almonds, the coriander leaves and a nectarine cut into pieces.
- To make the sauce we have crushed the carrot, the apple and the soy milk in the food processor. If you like it more or less liquid, you can vary the amount of soy milk you add.