Very good to all! Today I come with a very improvised but delicious recipe. I bring you some protein chickpea croquettes
As I have already commented many times on this blog, legumes are a very interesting source of protein, for vegans and non-vegans. Also, keep in mind that they are very cheap, healthy, accessible (we can find them in all grocery stores) and extremely versatile (you can prepare everything from croquettes to pâtés, stews, soups or burritos).
400 gr of cooked chickpeas
1 tablespoon of flour of chickpeas
Soybean flakes (you can substitute it with panko)
Rice flour (you can substitute it with wheat flour)
1/3 cup of water
Parsley in flakes or powder
Cumin in powder
Sweet paprika powder
Sunflower oil for frying
Optional: mix of spices with powdered garlic, basil and sea salt
Step by step
- Serve the 400 gr of cooked chickpeas in a large bowl. Reserve.
- On the other hand, peel and cut the garlic into slices, and sauté them in a pan with olive oil.
- When they begin to colour, peel and chop very finely the onion and sauté it also in the pan.
- Meanwhile, we add to the chickpeas a long squeeze of lemon, 1 small teaspoon of sweet paprika, 1 of parsley and 1/2 of cumin powder.
- On the other hand, I added a mix of spices that also has garlic powder, basil and sea salt. You can add them to taste.
- We also add two pinches of sesame seeds.