Very good to all! Today I bring you an easy and delicious recipe to implement legumes in your diet in a different way: these chickpea croquetas with a vegan cheese sauce and cashew kefir. Delicious.
These croquettes are similar to falafel, but with chopped mushrooms inside, as well as a good touch of curry, to make them tastier and with a different touch. To accompany them, you can use a good salad or this vegetable cheese sauce that I prepared, simply by mixing grated vegan cheese (you already have them in many supermarkets and vegan stores, herbalists…) and 300 ml of the vegetable cashew kefir from the Naturgreen brand. I leave you a photo so you can identify it. You can find it in dozens of online stores and herbalists.
400gr cooked chickpeas
2 or 3 Garlic
300ml of yogurt or vegetable kefir WITHOUT SUGAR
2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
1/2 cup water
Breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley
Step by step
- In a pan, sauté the garlic, onion and mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil. All finely chopped.
- When ready, pour it into a bowl and add the cooked chickpeas with generous curry (the amount of curry may vary depending on the intensity and quality of the spice). Don’t be afraid to taste the mixture if you don’t know how much to add.
- Continue adding a touch of black pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Add another dash of olive oil to the dough and with a fork we mash everything well, until there is a dense paste.
- Now, in a separate bowl, place generous breadcrumbs with garlic and parsley. And on the other hand, a mixture of 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour and 1/2 cup of water. Beat with a fork until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Now, take a portion of the chickpea dough and shape it into a ball.
- Submerge it in the chickpea flour mixture , soak well and then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the process with all the dough.
- Now, freeze the croquettes for 10 minutes to achieve the perfect density.
- Meanwhile, mix 300 g of unsweetened vegetable yogurt or vegetable kefir and the vegan cheese in a pot. We will use more or less 5 or 6 handfuls of grated vegan cheese.
- Turn on medium-low heat and, stirring constantly, melt the cheese until we obtain a creamy sauce.
- We turn off and reserve.
- Lastly, we fry or sauté the croquettes in a pan with oil.
- And that’s it! Serve the croquettes with the melted cheese sauce.