We are veganizing all the vegetarian recipes that we had published to make it a 100% vegan blog and when it was the turn of the Caesar salad, we decided that instead of using croutons or toast, we could use chickpea croutons. The original idea was not ours, we saw some American blogs that used them to make a gluten-free and healthier salad.
We had already published a recipe for roasted chickpeas, it is a delicious snack, light and it only takes chickpeas, lemon juice and spices. This time we have changed the spices to have a more neutral flavor, but you can use whatever you want.
- 1 taza de garbanzos crudos (200 g)
- El zumo de medio limón
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1 cucharadita de cebolla en polvo
- Soak chickpeas overnight above.
- The next day, drain the chickpeas, put them in a bowl and add the lemon juice, salt and spices. Mix well with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tray, remove the chickpeas and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas and allow them to cool completely before eating.
Recipe inspired by Oh She Glows