This Chickpea Caesar Salad is ready in just 30 minutes! Kale provides a hearty base, while tangy cashew Caesar dressing brings the whole dish to life. The perfect accompaniment to every dish!
- 1 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">cup raw cashew nuts (option to soak overnight in cold water or 1 hour in hot water ure)
- 1 TL Dijon mustard< /li>
- 1/2 TL each sea salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
- 8-12 medium fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 TL Capers in brine
- 2 cc Caper brine juice
- 6 tbsp lemon juice (2 large lemons make ~6 Tbsp or 90 ml)< /span>
- 3 -4 Soup Olive oil
- 1 /2 cup hot water (more more to thin)
- 1 tsp chickpea (or soybean) miso paste span>< /li>
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-quantity">1< span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">TL pure maple syrup (or to taste under Stevia)
- If you’re serving crispy chickpeas, prepare them at this point (see link above).
- < span style=" display : block;">To prepare the vinaigrette, combine raw cashews, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, capers, brine juice (from the capers), lemon juice, olive oil, hot water, miso paste, and maple syrup in a small or High speed mixer. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add enough water to dilute until pourable.
- Sample and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon or mustard for spiciness, salt or capers for saltiness, olive oil for creaminess, maple lemon syrup for sweetness, or miso for depth of flavor. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the kale. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15mL) each of olive oil and lemon juice, as directed in recipe. Massage by hand to remove some of the bitterness and soften the texture (see photo).
- < span style= ”display:block;”>Add desired amount of dressing, vegan parmesan cheese, and hemp seeds (both optional). Turn to coat and garnish with crispy chickpeas. Serve immediately. There may be leftover dressing which will keep covered in the fridge for up to 7-10 days. Not suitable for the freezer.