Incredibly crispy, cheesy kale chips baked in a sunflower seed yeast casing! Healthy and simple ingredients, great flavor and nutrients!
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds* (1 hour in very hot water or above soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 soup span> Lemon Juice li>
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast (more to taste)< /li>
- 1/2 TL turmeric ground
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-amount">1/2TL Sea salt
- 1/8 TL Cayenne Powder (Adjust to Preferred Spice Level)< /span>
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-amount">1/4 cup water (and more if needed)
KALE h4>< ul class="wprm-recipe-ingredients">
- Soak the sunflower seeds and drain thoroughly. Then add to a High Speed Blender with lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ground turmeric, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and water. Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed by adding more spices for overall flavor, nutritional yeast for cheese, or lemon juice for acidity.
- Preheat the oven to 107°C. Use convection cooking if you have it to reduce cooking time and make the fries even crispier. Place parchment paper on two large baking sheets to prevent them from sticking. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry the kale well . Then tear into small pieces and discard the large stalks (they won’t get very crispy). Place in a large mixing bowl and add the sunflower mixture. To combine, mix well and use your hands to evenly distribute the spices. If possible, try to massage well to avoid big lumps of sauce on the kale, otherwise it might struggle to crisp up.
- Spread the kale onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, being careful not to touch the kale as much as possible so it crisps up as it cooks. Depending on the size of the baking sheets, you may need to do this in multiple batches. It is important that the kale does not overlap.
- 20 minutes Cook. Then, flip the pans and toss the kale slightly to ensure even cooking. Bake an additional 10 to 20 minutes or until the kale is crisp and very lightly browned. If some fries are still wet from seasoning, you can leave the pans in the oven at 200 F (93 C) a little longer to dry/crinch more.
< li id= "wprm-recipe-34230-step-0-5" class="wprm-recipe-instruction" style="list-style-type: decimal;">
Remove from the oven and let cool completely – the fries will be even crispier when they come out of the oven. Enjoy immediately! Fresh is best, although leftovers will keep lightly covered (try not to seal) at room temperature for 2-3 days.