With a little delay we bring you a new installment of Around the world in 80 dishes with this chana masala, a tasty and spicy Indian dish >.
When we published the first dish of this culinary tour of the world we told you that every two weeks you could enjoy this new section, but since we publish about 12 recipes a month, we like to make seasonal recipes such as Halloween or Christmas soon and for If this were not enough, we participate in several challenges, many times we do not have room to put all the ones we want to make, so from now on there will be at least one international recipe per month and maybe one month there will be two.
- 160 gramos de garbanzos crudos o 400 gramos de garbanzos cocidos
- 3 dientes de ajo
- 1 cebolla
- 1 cucharadita de jengibre fresco
- 170 gramos de concentrado de tomate (nosotros usamos de marca Hacendado)
- 1 cucharadita de garam masala
- 1 cucharadita de semillas de cilantro
- 1 cucharadita de cúrcuma
- 1 cucharadita de comino
- 1 cayena (opcional)
- 2 cucharadas de cilantro fresco para decorar (opcional)
- 2 tazas de agua o del caldo de cocción de los garbanzos (500 mililitros)
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Sal y pimienta negra al gusto
- We can use chickpeas strong> pot or cook the chickpeas. If we opt for this last option, we have to leave the chickpeas to soak between 8 and 12 hours in plenty of water. Unlike other legumes, chickpeas should be put in the pot when the water is boiling, let cook for 2 hours and add the salt at the end.
- Put olive oil in a pan and fry the finely chopped garlic, ginger and onion.
- When they start to brown add the tomato concentrate and spices (garam masala, coriander seeds, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, salt and black pepper) . Add a cup of water or cooking broth and leave over medium heat for about 5 or 10 minutes until it reduces > and thicken.
- After that time we add the chickpeas, another cup of liquid and leave about 15 minutes again over medium heat so that all the flavors are integrated. When it’s ready, place it on a plate and sprinkle a little fresh cilantro on top to decorate.