Here you have the cauliflower rice risotto that I promised you in the last post about how to make rice of cauliflower! Although I have to admit that I could not live without rice because it is one of my favorite foods, I have loved this dish and I recommend that you try it, especially if you want to incorporate more vegetables into your diet .
The texture and flavor are very successful, although it is obviously not the same as a traditional risotto. If you don’t like this vegetable very much, I also invite you to make this risotto because it doesn’t have as intense a flavor as other cauliflower recipes.
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra (opcional)
- 1/2 cebolla troceada
- 15 g de apio troceado (1/2 oz)
- 2 puñados de kale o col rizada troceada
- 1/2 taza de guisantes congelados (60 g)
- 3 tazas de arroz de coliflor crudo (375 g)
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal marina
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- 1/2 taza de leche de avena (125 ml)
- 4 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o de cerveza
- Heat the oil in a large pan or in a pot. If you want, you can use water or any other liquid instead of the oil.
- Add the onion and celery and cook over medium-high heat until they start to brown. li>
- Add the kale and peas and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add raw cauliflower rice (we have only grated it as you can see in our how to make cauliflower rice) and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper and oat milk, stir and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the yeast, stir and we have our risotto ready to serve.
- We can keep it in the fridge for about 3 or 4 days. It can also be frozen.