Very good morning to all! Today I bring you a spring recipe. Now that the heat is starting (here in Valencia we already have days at more than 20º) I am beginning to really want vegetable creams, light and cold. For this reason, today I bring you a very easy and quick recipe to prepare (it takes a little while to make but it is done by itself). Today I share my recipe to prepare a cream of cauliflower with zucchini and potato, a perfect recipe to take advantage of the vegetables that stay at the bottom of the drawer and oxidize a little.
have been using organic cauliflowers from the brand El Puente Viejo Caparroso, an online store that sends organic vegetables at home, the new pot from Ibili and the mixer also new from Aigostar. This recipe was perfect for me to start my new acquisitions You will see them a lot around here and I will tell you how they go as I test them more.
1/2 large cauliflower
3 medium-sized potatoes
2 large courgettes
A pinch of salt
1 liter and a half of water
Croutons with garlic and parsley (read above if you want to make them homemade)
Step by step
- To prepare the cauliflower cream we only have to put 1 and a half liters of water and bring it to a boil in a large pot. I added 2 times and 3/4 of the pot with which you will see that I measure below, in the photo.
- Meanwhile, we peel the courgettes, the potatoes and wash the cauliflower.
- Cut the courgettes into thick slices, the potatoes into medium-sized cubes and the cauliflower into small branches.
- When the water boils, add the vegetables and let it cook for 30 minutes , until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- If there is excess water, remove a little. The water should be more or less halfway up the vegetables, not much more, otherwise the cream will be very liquid. If you are not sure if it is too much or too little, remove water and reserve it.
- When everything is ready, add a pinch of basil and salt to taste.
- Crush with the blender. Now is when, depending on how the cream turned out, we can add the water that we had reserved to make it more liquid.
- Try it and add more spices if you consider it.