The Buffalo-style cauliflower wings that we shared the other day in the stories of Instagram are here . They have been a great discovery and they are so delicious that we could eat them at all hours.
- 1 cabeza de coliflor
Para el rebozado:
- 1 taza de leche vegetal, nosotros usamos leche de soja (250 ml)
- 3/4 taza de harina, nosotros usamos harina de arroz integral (120 g)
- 1 cucharadita de cebolla en polvo
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/4 cucharadita de pimentón dulce
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra
Para la salsa Buffalo:
- 1/2 taza de agua (125 ml)
- 1/4 taza de vinagre de manzana (4 cucharadas)
- 1/4 taza de tomate concentrado (4 cucharadas)
- 2 cucharadas de tamari o salsa de soja
- 2 cucharadas de tahini
- 2 cucharaditas de pimentón dulce
- 2 cucharaditas de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de cayena en polvo
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or 230ºC.
- Wash cauliflower, discard leaves and center stem, and cut into large pieces.
- Mix batter ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter and shake slightly to remove excess.
- Place the cauliflower wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes on one side and then another 10 minutes on the other.
- While we are going to prepare the Buffalo sauce. You can mix all the ingredients in a bowl, but I prefer to beat them for a finer texture. Then pour the sauce into a bowl.
- Dip all the cauliflower wings in the Buffalo sauce and shake to remove any excess. Return to pan and bake 10 minutes on one side and 10 minutes on the other, or until golden brown.
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing and with a little chopped chives on top (optional).
- You can store the cauliflower wings in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days.
- If you don’t want to complicate your life you can buy the Buffalo sauce already made or just mix hot sauce with tahini.
- You can use the type of vinegar that you want, salt instead of tamari or soy sauce (although you’ll need to add 2 more tablespoons of water), extra virgin olive oil instead of tahini (you may need to add less water), or your favorite spices.
- The sauce is quite hot, so I recommend you add less cayenne pepper at first, try it and add more if you like it more spicy.
- If you are one of those who can’t stand cauliflower, I encourage you to try this recipe because it is very rich. You can also make it with tofu, although you may need to reduce the baking time.