Very good morning to all! Second recipe of the day This time I bring you a recipe to make black olive bread at home, step by step and in an easy way.
You already know that I love making homemade bread, despite the fact that since I moved to the new apartment I work with an oven that is almost older than the one my grandmother had in her house. Still, this is a pretty easy recipe as far as it goes, so easy that it is able to come out even through disastrous oven conditions
400 gr of Strength wheat flour (+ reserve for kneading)
200 ml of water
20 gr of fresh yeast< br> Black pitted olives
*Recommended: oven paper, rolling pin.
Step by step
- We mix the flour with the 20 grams of fresh yeast, a teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 of parsley and two of rosemary.
- It is important that there are no lumps of yeast, so try to break it up well with a fork before continuing.
- Mix very, very well.We mix the flour with the yeast and the spices that will flavor the bread of black olives
- Then add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well, ensuring that there are as few lumps as possible.
- Continue, now adding the 200 ml of water.
- With the help of a shovel, mix all the ingredients well and distribute the ingredients between the dry ones.
- We will mix well until the dough acquires a manageable texture (when all the flour is adhered).
- Now, we flour the table and stain our hands with more flour .
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead vigorously and energetically for 8 minutes. It is important that we knead well to ensure that the yeast and spices are distributed evenly.
- If the dough sticks very close to the table or to your hands, so that it prevents you from kneading, add a little a little more flour to try to balance the dough. If you don’t have to, don’t do it.
- Now, we shape the dough into a ball and place it on a baking tray and its baking paper.
- Stretch out with the help of a roll until it forms an elongated shape, with rounded edges, and a thickness of about 1 cm. Keep in mind that it will double in size, approx.
- Let it rise for 1 hour. To do this, we will leave it on the tray with the baking paper and cover it with a cloth.
- After an hour, we paint the surface with generous olive oil, so that the base is well greased.
- On top we decorate with sliced black olives, rosemary, salt and more garlic powder.
- Now, we put it in the oven, turning it on above and below and with the fan on. 180 degrees.
- Leave it for about 40 minutes, although the time may vary depending on the oven. The newer ones are more efficient and the older ones, with heat loss, may need more. In any case, check the bread every 5 or 10 minutes, but without opening the door for the first 20.
- When it starts to brown, after about 30 minutes, if the bread is drying, you can paint again the top of the black olive bread with more olive oil. Do not open it before because you will spoil the rise.
- And that’s it! Let it cool before cutting.