An easy 30 minute Mexican-inspired salad made with quinoa, corn, black beans, avocado, and a creamy orange, lime, and lemon dressing. Healthy, delicious and so filling.
- 5-6 Cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (red or white) li>
- 1/2 < span class ="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">cup fresh corn or canned corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans (spice t with equal pinches of sea salt, cumin, chili + garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup span> < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">red onion span> (diced)< /li>
- 1 medium orange (segmented)
- 1/2 ripe avocado (hacked)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;">1/4 cup fresher Coriander (chopped or shredded)
< div class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-group">
- 1/2 ripe span> Avocado
- 1 large lime (juice // 1 large lime makes ~4 tbsp)
- 3 Soup Orange Juice
- 1-2 tsp span> Sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, agave, cane sugar etc.) span>
- 1-2 span> tsp < a href="https://minimalistbaker.com/spicy-habanero-hot- sauce/" class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-link" target="_blank" >hot sauce li>
- 1/4 TL Cumin powder < /li>
- 1/8 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">TLChili powder (or under extra hot sauce or chipotle powder) span>
- 1 healthy Pinch each of sea salt and black pepper >1 soup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">chopped fresh coriander < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-notes wprm-recipe-ingredients-notes-faded">( optional em>)
- 3 -4 for soup span> extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil< /li>
- Begin preparing the quinoa by mashing 1/2 cup quinoa. in a fine-mesh strainer, then bring to a boil with 1 cup water in a small saucepan (use the amounts listed in the original recipe // adjust if changing batch size // use a 1:2 ratio of dry quinoa to water). Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad ingredients by slicing the vegetables, dividing the orange and reheating the black beans and seasoning with salt, cumin, chili and garlic powder. div>Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients into a mixer or Food Processor and puree until creamy and smooth, scraping sides as needed. Taste and season as needed. I added more hot sauce, orange juice and salt. TIP: If you prefer a vinaigrette, skip the avocado and simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust the spices as needed.Arrange a salad and serve with dressing on the side or before serving Serve to mix with dressing. Goes well with salsa, fresh lime juice and tortilla chips.Leftovers keep for up to a few days, but better fresh.