Very good to all! I’m back today with a recipe for clumsy. This dish of Beans with tomato is a classic that does not fail, which in addition to being easy to make, is cheap, super accessible and also healthy.
The base of this recipe is Flat green beans bought raw, cut into small 3 cm strips. I cook the beans together with potatoes cut into large cubes, chickpeas, chopped tomato, onion and garlic. Once I have everything ready, I add a few cubes of avocado and decorate finely chopped raw spinach…. And I love it! One of my favorite ways to eat them is this.
1 handful of raw flat green beans
100 gr of cooked chickpeas
2 medium potatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups water
Optional: raw spinach
Step by step
- In a pot or deep frying pan, sauté the sliced garlic with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When it is golden, add the finely chopped onion.
- Let poach for a few minutes until it turns transparent, and add the potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-sized cubes, about 2 or 3 cm.
- Sauté, stirring periodically, adding another dash of olive oil if necessary to grease the pan.
- When the potatoes are turning slightly golden, add the cut flat green beans in strips of about 4 or 5 centimeters. Remember to wash them and cut off the ends before adding.
- Sauté until the beans look slightly darker and a little more tender.
- Add 2 tomatoes cut into small cubes and stir. Leave it sautéing.
- Next, add a mixture of 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and 2 cups of water.
- Stir and add 1 tsp of sweet paprika, two pinches of salt .
- Close the pan or pot with a lid and keep it over medium-low heat, cooking slowly, until the beans and potatoes are ready to eat, when practically all the water has been reduced. You’ll know when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- At that point, add the cooked chickpeas, mix and keep for 5 minutes.
- Serve it on a plate and add slices or avocado cubes and a little chopped spinach. Another pinch of salt, a touch of oregano… And ready to eat! If you have any leftovers, put them in the fridge to eat in the next few days.