Shakes or smoothies are one of my favorite ways to eat fruit. They helped me a lot when I became vegan because I was not used to the taste and texture of fruits.
- 1 taza de mango congelado (140 g)
- 1 banana grande, mejor si está congelada
- 1/2 taza de leche vegetal sin endulzar (125 ml), yo usé leche de avena
- Put all ingredients into a blender glass and whisk until combined.
- The smoothie is best fresh, but you can store the smoothie in the fridge in an airtight container for about 72 hours. You can also freeze it and move it from the freezer to the fridge the night before so it thaws and you can enjoy it the next day.
- If both the mango and the banana are frozen, the smoothie will be creamier, but it is not essential, you can use both fresh or one fresh and the other frozen. li>
- I like to use unsweetened non-dairy milk because it’s healthier. If the smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, the fruit may not be ripe enough. Try adding 1-2 dates and blend again until fully incorporated.
- If you’re using fresh fruit and want your smoothie to be chilled, use cold milk or add a few ice cubes before blending.
- If you like your shake more or less dense than I do, add more or less milk.
- Ideally, use a powerful glass blender so that the shake comes out as creamy possible. If you use a hand mixer or a low-power blender, the texture is likely to be lumpy and not as pleasant.
- If you can’t use a powerful blender, try adding the mango and banana without freezing, so it will cost you less work. You can also add more milk to make it easier for him to mix all the ingredients together.