Very good days!
Today I bring you these delicious Barbecue Muffins with a touch of spice . For this recipe we are not going to use barbecue sauce because most contain anchovies. What we are going to do is give it that barbecue style touch through the spices (pepper, chilli), the sauces (mustard), the texture of ‘meat minced’ that we can get without meat thanks to soy.
6 mini hamburger buns
3/4 cup fine/medium textured soybeans
1 brick of tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves
Mustard in sauce
Olive oil (I used olive oil with chilli and garlic (if you don’t have it, you can chop chillies in the sauté)
Suggestion of topping sauces
Step by step
- Fill up to 1/3 with tomato sauce and then add water to fill half the cup. Mix.
- Add textured soy until 3/4 of the trace is covered and stir so that all the soy is hydrated.
- Next, add a long splash of soy sauce and stir. Let rest.
- Mince the garlic very finely and pour it into the pan along with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sauté until browned and then add finely chopped mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are slightly browned, add the textured soybeans. If there is any liquid left in the cup, add it too.
- Sauté for a few minutes and add at least 1/2 more cup of tomato sauce to the pan (this one without water).
- Add a pinch of basil, salt and black pepper, a squeeze of lemon and stir.
- If we want to give it a more creamy texture, like a thick sauce, we add more tomato. I added more until I got my perfect texture.
- Add a tablespoon of mustard sauce and mix very well.
- Turn off the heat and reserve.
- Cut the muffins in half and toast them on a griddle, frying pan or toaster.
- Fill the muffins with the sauce. Add another splash of spicy oil on top, a pinch of basil and close. Serve hot.