- 1 large and ripe banana (apron 200 gr.) previously peeled, chopped and frozen
- 2 tbsp (32g) natural salted peanut butter (if unsalted, add a pinch of salt)
- 1-2 dates, pitted (if not moist and sticky, add a pinch of salt) soak in hot water for 10 minutes and drain)
- 1 tbsp (5 gr.) cocoa powder
- 1 or 1 ½ (240 -360 ml) of unsweetened almond milk
- optional: ½ cup of ice
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips (for crushing or topping)
- 1 tbsp flax or hemp seeds to add nutritional value
- Milk-free chocolate sauce (to decorate the inside of the glass
- Coconut whipped cream as topping
Add all the ingredients except the almond milk in the blender jar.
Add the almond milk, 1/2 cup at a time, adding only the enough to allow all the ingredients to mix well.
Add a little more if you want a thinner shake, or less if you like a thicker one.
Taste and adjust the flavors, adding more banana or dates if you want it sweeter, more cocoa if you want more flavor, or peanut butter if you want more saltiness.
This amount makes a good big smoothie, but when it’s fresh you can take what’s left covered in the fridge up to 24 hours. You can also freeze it and make ice cream.