Here is the second recipe for this Christmas! Seriously, these Pesto Roasted Potatoes are perfect for any celebration and couldn’t be easier to make.
Many of the Christmas recipes are prepared in the oven, but we want all the recipes to be suitable for everyone, so we are going to give alternatives for those who do not have an oven at home. You can steam or boil the potatoes (with or without the skin) until tender, although the cooking time may vary depending on the size of your potatoes. If you don’t have much patience, you can chop them so that they cook before. If you want them to be golden brown and crispier, you can lightly sauté them in a pan with olive oil after cooking or steaming them.
- 1 kilo de patatas pequeñas
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra, sal y pimienta negra al gusto
Para el pesto:
- 1/4 taza de nueces (30 g)
- 1 taza de espinacas (30 g)
- 1 diente de ajo
- 2 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o levadura de cerveza
- 4 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal marina
- Pimienta negra al gusto
- Peel the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet Add a splash of oil and salt and black pepper to taste. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown (cooking time may vary depending on the oven and the size of the potatoes). When the first 10 to 15 minutes have passed, flip them over to brown on both sides.
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients in the food processor and beat until desired texture is obtained. If you use a mixer be careful not to over-mix.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the pesto, stir and serve.