Who doesn’t like French fries? The bad thing is that fried potatoes are not for every day and also they do not suit us at all, that is why I have been perfecting my recipe for baked potato chips and today I want to share it with you.
- 450 g de patatas (1 libra)
- 1 ó 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Sal al gusto
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC or 430ºF.
- Peel (or not) the potatoes and cut them into strips, to shape them into French fries. Ideally, the potatoes should be the same size and thickness so they can be cooked at the same time.
- While you are chopping the potatoes, leave them in a bowl of water. I like to leave them for about 20-30 minutes once they’re cut to loosen the starch and make them crispier, but that’s an optional step.
- Strain the potatoes , dry them with a kitchen cloth and put them in a bowl. Add the oil and stir until well coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. I like to flip them after 25 minutes so they cook on both sides.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add salt to taste and serve immediately yo a little ketchup or with your favorite sauce. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Nutritional information has been calculated with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.