Legumes are the foundation of any vegan diet. They are a great source of protein and are also very cheap. That’s why baked chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks.
They can be eaten in many ways: in soups, salads and even in your rice dishes to make them more varied and give them a different touch.
- 1 y 1/2 tazas de garbanzos cocidos o de bote (250 g)
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 cucharadita de comino
- 1 cucharadita de pimentón dulce
- ½ cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- ¼ cucharadita de sal
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and put the chickpeas in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and stir until they are well integrated.
- Bake for 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- You can eat them hot or cold. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month.
- It is important to remove excess water from the chickpeas before putting them in the oven.
- You can help yourself with a kitchen cloth or towel to remove excess water well.
- Discard the skins that come off the chickpeas.
- It is also important to bake them alone without any other ingredients so that they are more crispy and stir them during the 30 minutes that are baked without the spices.