If you don’t like broccoli, it’s probably because you don’t know how to cook it. That happened to me and also to people I know and really, if you know how to prepare it, it is an exquisite vegetable.
Cooked or steamed broccoli, if overcooked and not seasoned well, has a texture, smell and taste that are not very pleasant. I personally think it has to be crispy.
- 450 g de brócoli (1 libra), troceado y sin el tallo central
- 4 dientes de ajo, troceados
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 cucharaditas de zumo de limón
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1/4 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. This step is optional, if you want less staining, you can mix the ingredients directly in the tray, although I find it more comfortable to do it that way.
- Place them on a tray to oven (with or without parchment paper) and bake for about 15 minutes or until broccoli is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If you don’t want to use oil, you can add more lemon juice or another liquid such as balsamic vinegar.
- Use your favorite spices and herbs.
- If you want you can omit the garlic or substitute it with garlic and/or powder.