I remember my mom used to bake apples during the fall and winter when I was younger. In the kitchen, a deliciously comforting atmosphere was created that also smelled wonderful, of fruit and cinnamon. It was wonderful!
This is an extremely simple and easy recipe to prepare. It’s oil-free and low in fat, so it’s much healthier than the original recipe, which typically has a lot of refined sugar. In this version I have added natural sweetener.
- 3 manzanas medianas, yo usé manzanas rojas
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce o agave
- 2 cucharadas de maicena o almidón de tapioca
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 1/2–1 cucharadita de canela
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Put the apples into a bowl together with the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well integrated. If you want you can also mix everything directly on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a baking sheet (I used a 20×20 cm or 8 ×8 inches), cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After this time, remove the foil and re-bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vegan vanilla ice cream or with your favorite toppings.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 -4 days.
- You can use any type of apple for this recipe.
- Syrup can be substituted for any other sweetener and cornstarch for any other starch.< /li>
- Add more or less cinnamon until it’s to your liking, I usually use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon.
- I usually serve them with homemade vegan vanilla ice cream, but you can buy it without problem.