Very good to all! How are you? Today I bring you the recipe for eggplants stuffed with rice in soy sauce that I presented to you last week by Instagram.
These stuffed eggplants are a truly delicious fantasy. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have cooking experience, because although it seems like a very complicated recipe, it is actually very easy. 🙂This recipe is suitable for beginner vegetarians.
2 medium aubergines
1/2 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
Optional: vegan cheese
Step by step
- We open the aubergines in half and empty them. The ideal is to leave a margin on the sides and the bottom, so that the aubergine stands on its own.
- Chop the aubergine and set aside.
- On the other hand, with a splash of olive oil, sauté the onion in the pan.
- When it begins to brown slightly, add the aubergine and keep medium heat until the eggplant begins to brown. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Meanwhile, we grease the inside of the aubergines with a little olive oil and add a splash of water inside.
- We put it in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees, or until the “meat” of the eggplant is done. When it’s ready, remove it from the oven but don’t turn it off.
- Meanwhile, add the pepper cut into strips to the pan, and finish sautéing. When it’s ready, turn off the heat and let it rest in the pan.
- On the other hand, in a pot, heat a splash of olive oil and add 1/3 cup of long-grain rice.
- Sauté two minutes and then lightly cover the rice with soy sauce (see fourth photo below)
- Let the rice consume the soy sauce and cover with 2/3 cup of water, and let it cook until the water is consumed and the rice is ready.
- Take the rice, already cooked, and pour it into the pan with the vegetables.
- Mix and fill the aubergines. Place some sliced mushrooms on top and, optionally, some meltable vegan mozzarella.
- Grease it with a drizzle of olive oil on top and put it in the oven, until the mushrooms are toasted.
- And ready to serve!