have eaten quite a lot of white asparagus throughout my life, especially when I was little, because I am from Navarra, but I did not try green asparagus until a few years later. I really like both types, although this baked asparagus recipe is one of my favorites.
- 450 g de espárragos verdes (1 libra)
- 1–2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta
- 2 dientes de ajo, troceados
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus and discard. You can use them to make soups or vegetable creams.
- Place the asparagus on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and pour over the oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bake 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender and golden brown.
- Take the tray out of the oven, pour the lemon juice over it and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4-5 days.
- The nutritional information has been calculated with 1 tablespoon of oil.