To make it, I have based it on the recipe that my grandmother taught me. It is a very classic and simple recipe, but I have slightly changed it to use little sugar. This way we get a somewhat less cloying dessert and a little healthier. Although you already know that this type of desserts should not be eaten out of habit, but on special occasions.
- 1 liter of oatmeal drink (no flavor or added sugar)
- 200 gr. of round rice
- 100 gr. of sugar
- piel lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
< li class = "ingredient" itemprop = "ingredients"> 1 vanilla pod
- Clean the rice to remove the starch. We’ll wash it under the tap until the water runs clear.
- Pour the oatmeal drink into a saucepan, add the rice, the cinnamon stick, the lemon and open vanilla pod. Let cook over low-medium heat for about 40-45 minutes.
- After this time, if we see that the rice is beginning to have a syrupy texture, we add the sugar (otherwise, we will let the rice cook a little more) and leave the fire for 10 more minutes, or the time necessary until the remaining liquid is reduced almost completely.
- When the vegan rice pudding is ready. Remove the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and vanilla pod. We serve hot or cold with a little powdered cinnamon.