If you like strong emotions and spices, pasta arrabiata or all’arrabiata is for you. If not, you can always add less chilli (or chili) or even make it without spicy as if it were a normal tomato sauce. One good thing about spicy is that it helps us fight the heat, that’s why hot are usually very spicy. A trick that works when you eat something that is very itchy and your mouth burns is to drink milk instead of water, any vegetable milk that you have at home works, I don’t know why, but the fact is that I have read it in many places and it relieves me a lot.
Lately I have taken to drinking oat milk with carob flour and It’s to die for, and it’s also a very healthy drink that children love and it’s a perfect option to accompany this pasta, although it may sound strange. Some time ago I gave carob a try because everyone said it was very healthy and it is true that it has great nutritional properties, but the taste did not convince me and I preferred to take raw cocoa or cocoa without sugar and add a healthy sweetener. The good thing about carob is that it is not so bitter and it does not have caffeine and I have recently become addicted to it, I love it!
- 200 g de pasta (7 oz)
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cucharadita de polvo de cayena u 8 guindillas cayenas
- 12 tomates secos hidratados
- 1 cucharada de orégano seco
- 1 lata de tomates de lata de 800 g (28 oz)
- 2 cucharadas de tomate concentrado
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal marina
- Parmesano vegano y perejil picado para decorar
- Cook pasta according to package instructions .
- Put the oil in a pan and when it is hot add the chillies, the chopped garlic and chopped dried tomatoes and the oregano. You can hydrate them by leaving them in hot water for a while or buy them already hydrated (they usually come in oil).
- When the garlic and chilli begin to brown, add the can of tomatoes, tomato concentrate and sea salt. If the canned tomatoes come in very large pieces, chop them before adding them. Also add the liquid or juice of the tomatoes that come in the can. Cook for at least 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- When the pasta is cooked, add it to the sauce and stir.
- Serve with a little vegan parmesan and chopped parsley on top (optional).